View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #12
Yorkie_Mama
YT 500 Club Member

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Yorkies
... i have a question i always have a touch of white on at least one puppie but one of the crosses i do produced lots of white belly toes chest chin .. .is this a sign of Biewer gene ? im slightly confused on Biewer even after doing minimal reaserch.

Mama Yorkie, let me see if I can answer this question for you. Many yorkies are born with a patch of white on their chests and out grow that white in their adult coats. After speaking with a wonderful friend quite a bit about this, she has bred yorkies for 40+ years. When this happens the white patch indicates a silky coat. From what my research has taught me that a piebald gene carrier will have is speckling on their bodies or in their mouths, pads of the feet, white toe nails along with the white in their coats that they don't out grow.... With this I do believe this is how they developed the parti-yorkies as well, but Rini (whispersmom2) could explain those beautiful dogs better than I... The only difference I believe in this is that the parties haven't had a standard set for them as the Biewers have and that they are from different lines.
If I can help you further let me know. There are several of us here that have the pie bald carriers, Biewers, and I also have a 3/4 Biewer and 1/4 Yorkie- she is registered as a Yorkie, but when she is breed with a Biewer Male, I will get a mixed litter and or all Biewers. This will open another whole topic....
ahhh thank you so for my female who never lost the touch of white on her chest and chin ... *thats Piglet* the chin is like 6 hairs but it makes her chin shiny in pics lol would i say she has a parti color gene... Ohh this is a great thred
Yorkie_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!