View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
Darlin Beauxs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi, if you spray bitter apple on it, they won't eat it or play with it. After doing this for a few times, they will leave it alone. I had Baxter and Cooper using a litter box, with Second Nature Litter, until we fenced our back yard in (about 2 years for Baxter, 1 year for Cooper). Darcy was a rescue, and she came already trained to potty outside .

Now that the yard is fenced, Baxter still stubbornly uses his litter box--he will run through the potty door from playing outside to poop in his box--ROFL!

The only thing I don't like about the dog litter is that no matter what they say, it DOES track. Plus it HURTS to step on a piece of it! I line the bottom of my pan with several layers of papertowels, then put it inside a trash bag before filling it with litter, so when its time to clean I just bundle up the bag, throw the paper towels in it (in case any pee seeped through), wash it out with soapy water and start again! (I use a trash bag so I don't have to handle the litter as much, plus I didn't know if the plastic pan would absorb urine odor over time).

Hope this helps!

Amy
Darlin Beauxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!