View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
BiffsMama
Yorkie Talker

Default HELP!! Patella Luxation Issues

So here's the scoop. Biff's 1 year old now and at 6 months had his right knee done because it was a grade 4 PL, the left knee was grade 3 and we decided to wait a little while because he wasn't experiencing problems with it yet. Recovery was...interesting as you can imagine. Don't let a 6 month old Yorkie walk, play, go outside, etc etc...NIGHTMARE. He recovered and seemed great. His energy level was awesome, not limping anymore, loved walking outside and very playful. Almost a week ago we were outside and he started limping on his surgically treated leg. I checked for cuts on his pads, nope, when we came inside he was still limping and then maybe an hour later it went away. I figured let me keep an eye on it for a day or so and see what happens, maybe he just pinched a nerve or something like that. He was still going up and down stairs with no problem, running on it at times and all that. Next day a few more episodes where he would lift it up and not use it. It's now almost a week later and he's still limping a little, but then soon after walking normally. His energy level is low, but he also just went to the vet to get his baby teeth removed and get a dental cleaning. Anyone have advice about the PL surgery and if they've had to get it redone or fixed this soon after it's completion? Needless to say I'm worried and would appreciate any advice that you guys have.
BiffsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!