View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #5
The_Momma_Bear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

>>>Wow...sounds like you've got lots of homework to do and only a little time to do it in.<<<

I do - but as a mom for 23 years- I have learned to learn! I'm not afraid to learn and to do whatever I have to do.

>>>One thing I noticed was that you said she'd already been placed on calcium supplements. <<<

The vet had told me to start her 2 weeks prior to her due date. But from what I am hearing on this board, that is not right. Yes, I will double check.

I have found through the years, whether it's puppies or other family issues, that I always learn more from those with experience than anyone else. (I'll save that story for another time)

>>>I would not leave it up to your girl to have these pups on her own. It's not impossible, but it puts her at great risk when there is not someone there to monitor her progress and take note of any warning signs that she is having difficulty delivering. <<<

I do not plan to leave her alone. I have helped deliver black labs....not quite the same size, but puppies after all. I am also a CNA-bodily functions don't bother me. I am readying, studying, learning and not afraid to stay up all night to help my sweetie.

>>>I think the most suggestion at this point would be to have your intact dogs spayed/neutered to prevent these "accidents." IMO, dogs shouldn't be allowed to 'just have puppies' for the fun of it.<<<

We did want to eventually have chorkies...but not for another year....I swear I tried everything to keep them apart. I even made an apron for myself and carried her around for two weeks while she was in heat so that the male couldn't get her. I left her with the older teens while I went to the store and what was done was done. The foster daughter just said..."I turned around and they were hooked"...........

I guess all this to say, I am not afraid to stick my hands in and do what has to be done. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement and concrete advice..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!