View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Wow...sounds like you've got lots of homework to do and only a little time to do it in.

One thing I noticed was that you said she'd already been placed on calcium supplements. Not to second guess your vet, but I have always been under the impression that you shouldn't supplement calcium until AFTER she has whelped? Just something you might want to double check... (I see it has already been mentioned.)

I would not leave it up to your girl to have these pups on her own. It's not impossible, but it puts her at great risk when there is not someone there to monitor her progress and take note of any warning signs that she is having difficulty delivering. (Likewise, it is also very dangerous for both the male and female to be allowed to tie unsupervised!) I would at this point try to find an experienced breeder who would be willing to assist you during the whelp.

I think the most suggestion at this point would be to have your intact dogs spayed/neutered to prevent these "accidents." IMO, dogs shouldn't be allowed to 'just have puppies' for the fun of it.

Good Luck!
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!