View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
tammyphan780
Yorkie Talker

Default My puppy won't stop chewing!!

My baby Cookie is 8 months old and she's been chewing for about 2 months now! She's been chewing all my corners of the wall and I asked my vet if she is teething and he says she is actually done. I don't understand why she keeps chewing everything! We have another dog at home that keeps her company and they play all the time so I'm not sure if it's out of boredom. I tried spraying the furniture/wood spray on the walls and it seems to just wear off so it does not work. She is scared of alot of items in my house such has spray bottles, air pumpers, big bottles of lotion, etc... so I would put one item that she is scared of at each corner of the wall to prevent her from going near there. Surprisingly, this seems to work! She stopped chewing those corners but she then eventually realized there were other corners in the house to chew on when no one is around.

She just begun to start chewing a hole in the carpet yesterday when no one was home. She was alone for 6 hours today and when I came home, the hole she chewed yesterday only just got bigger. If I leave for work again tomorrow, I know she will just continue to chew a bigger hole!

I don't know what to do anymore... she NEVER chews on any of the corners or floors when someone is home so I can't catch her in the action to tell her she's wrong! We provide her with dozens of chew toys around the house and she chews on that when someone is home, but the minute we are gone... she occupies herself with things she shouldn't be chewing on. I've heard that I should crate train her while i'm gone but truthfully, I don't want to do that. I'm usually gone to work for 8 hours a day and I don't want to leave her in a crate for 8 hours while my other dog has freedom around the house. I don't know what I should do anymore! And I'm also wondering... do they eventually grow out of this phase?

HELP! any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

~Tammy~
tammyphan780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!