View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
The_Momma_Bear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Shade New to YT and Expecting Yorkie Puppies for the First Time

I've been a lurker for some time, but finally joined. I love animals...

I have 2 yorkies, a long hair apple head chihuhua, a black lab, miniature beagle and aussie. Yes, I love dogs. It wasn't until a little over a year ago that I got my first yorkie and I love her soooo much. Then a friend was moving and her male yorkie needed a home and of course, I couldn't resist. I thought I would mate them, but she is 4.6 pounds and he is 11 pounds (big boy), so I had him neutered. Well last month she went into heat and the male chihuahua mated with her! Looks like we are going to have chorkies. I am scared to death! My other dogs have all had puppies, but I've never assisted such a small girl. She is so petite. I am hoping to get some information and advice to help Cali through this time. She went to the vet today and will return on August 29th for x-rays. They put her on calcium supplements.

I have been reading about setting up whelping bed, getting heating pads, etc. I am trying to read as much as I can. In life, I am a nurse assistant. If I can help people, I'm sure I can help a dog. From what I've seen here, too, there are many of you who are well experienced.

I wasn't going to let her mate just yet-but she did. Now we are going to have babies. I'm happy.

In addition to the dogs, I also have 2 cats and 5 kids. I have the best job in the world!

Lily
Vero Beach, FL

Mom to: Smokey (Lab), Brandy (beagle), Chloe (aussie), Cujo (chihuhua), Cali (yorkie), Kipper (yorkie), Cinnamon (cat), Cookie (cat), Chris (son-23), Nick (son-20), Steph (foster daughter-17), Beth (daughter - 15), and Marcie (step-daughter-10)
The_Momma_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!