View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:11 AM   #2
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Hi Connie,
I am having similar problems with TJ. I too think he has IBD. The Vet wants me to change their food to the IVD (duck and potato) which should be at my house today when I get home. I am loosing my mind with this. For the past month TJ has progressivly gotten worse with the gurgling noises, mucus coming out of his rear and this past week started to throw up during his gurgling noise episodes. This thread is the only one so far that sounds so much like TJ.
What kind of meds is she on?
What food do you feed her?
Did the Vet do any tests to determine IBD?

TJ is such a little bugger! He will eat anything, including poop. So the Vet says it could be something around the house or poop that is causes his problems. BUT also, the Vet said he could have an allergy to something in the food/treats. When I got him from the breeder, he was eating Eukanuba and a little bit of chicken 2x a day. I switched them to Innova and tried all kinds of treats! I have no problem with Roxy, but TJ would have those episodes: He would poop 1x or 2x kinda soft and then the gurgling, which could go for hours, then he would poop out thick globs of mucus, the last blob would have a tiny thread of blood (probably from straining). During that time he would NOT eat, but still would act pretty much normal, playing chasing Roxy, etc. But when the last bit of that mucus would come out he would be ready to eat as if he were starving. In the beggining this only happened a few times here and there, but now it has become all the time! And now he throws up too!
Please let me pick your brain...tell me more about your babies IBD?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!