View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
luvmyYorkieJack
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have read that if you stand tall and act confident that it makes you seem like the leader. Never show them that you are worried, afraid, ect. They will see this as weakness and feel like they need to take over as pack leader. When you say no, stand tall and use a deeper voice to say no and say it was gusto. Like you really mean it. I usually point to Jack so he knows I mean him. Another way to help you establish leadership is to hold his food bowl when you give him food. And pretend you are picking up the food and eating it. It shows that you are the leader because the leader eats first and everyone else second. I hope this helps you. I will look around more to find ways to establish yourself as alpha. It will help him know what is not acceptable when he knows you are alpha not him. I think I must have got lucky and got a pretty submissive puppy. When I say no, he stops. Good luck and I will do some more reasearch for you. I hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!