View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
luvmyYorkieJack
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hey. I don't know how much this will help you. But Jack use to do all of his business on the cement but would never use the potty pads inside. Yeah I know he's just a little off the beaten path some days.... lol. But he eventually went inthe grass.

Being said, I have heard of people that start the pad in the original place and gradually move it to the door (like a glass patio door would be best so he can see the pad just outside). Then move it into the grass until you get to the spot you would like him to use. You can eventually take the pad away once he is good about going outside.

One thing I have learned and it was the hard way. Find his motivation (i.e. Jack loves cheese so get gets a bite size piece when he pees outside and then again when he poops outside.) Once you find what he likes, only give it to him when he goes on the pad (and then eventually when you get him outside). It's a special treat until he is potty trained that he doesn't get at any other time. He will work to get it. Plus when he goes sucessfully on the pad or outside give him praise like he saved the world and pay a lot of attention to him. He will catch on.

Good luck. I hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!