Thread: Brushes
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Franceen
YT 500 Club Member

Hi Meggie

I am so sorry to hear that Button is not improving on the steroids, as much as before. The vet will have to give him a bronchial dilator (sp.?!) and the sooner the better, by the sounds of it. I wouldn't wait until the steroids are finished, Meggie, as it is not good for him to be like this. This medication may make him shake - my daughter had to have it for asthma and it make her tremble. She also had steroids, but had to have the b.d. as well. I wonder if Button is allergic to mould spores, as well as pollen, because (down here, anyway) there is a lot of fungus on the plants from the damp, warm weather. So even though the pollen count is low, the mould spore count will be very high, I should imagine. Does your vet not have an emergency surgery where you could take Button immediately should he have another severe attack like the one you mentioned. You should not have to cope with it yourself, as it is considered an emergency. Steam does help I know, as I also used it with my daughter, but when Button is struggling to breathe through his mouth, he really needs to be on oxygen and stronger medication very fast. I really feel for you, Meggie, it must be so upsetting for you to see him like this, poor little boy. Please let me know how things go with him.

Toots has stopped sneezing and the wheezing has also gone, but it returns every now and then. I will try the Piriton next time I notice it.. What fun cutting a Piriton tablet into 8!! I must look for the tablet splitter you told me about.

Gosh a whole CUP of conditioner to rinse our dogs in!!! No wonder you got a gallon. Is a gallon very expensive?

All for now, Meggie, and give Button a cuddle from me.

Luv & Hugs
Yvonne xxxx
Franceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!