Thread: Kennel Cough
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #10
angelznmyhart
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Yorkie Owner

We got our new baby when she was 9 wks old. We've had her for 2 weeks now. She has had a cough since day 1. I took her to the vet 2 day later for her shots, and I told the vet she was coughing. He checked her and determined she had kennel cough. He gave her an antibiotic and told me I could give her Robittusin DM for her cough. This is the first time I have ever delt with kennel cough, and I was looking around the internet to get more info about how long it lasts and see what I can do to help comfort her. Since I've had her she has been eating, drinking, playing, and running around chasing everyone who walks by. You can't even tell she is sick until she starts the coughing. Every morning I give her, her antibiotic then a few minutes later I'll give her some nutrical, then 30 min. later I'll give her the Robitussin. Later in the afternoon I'll give her the other dose of antibiotic, nutrical, and Robitussin. As a treat we give her a spoon or two of all natural plain yogurt. She loves it. I was told yogurt was good for dogs too. Any other advise is always helpful.
angelznmyhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!