View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
jennylee333
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
I'm certainly no expert but wouldn't personally buy a pup that was the product of such an in-breeding. Grandfather to grand-daughter, uncle to niece or half brother/sister maybe but not mother to son. Yorkierose made some very good points about recessive genes and you definitely increase the chance of them being expressed in such a mating. I don't think she was yelling at YOU but more yelling about that type of breeding and also the importance that people place on health screening in general as if that is some guarantee you won't have problem puppies. At least, that's the way I read it. Her posts are usually some of the most informed that you'll see here and if you go back and re-read hers, I think you'll see there was some great info there.
I did not think that YorkieRose was yelling at me...and Yes she is a wealth of information. I do believe that there is no way to guarantee healthy pups. Any breeding can have a problem pop up....I have looked and looked and I can not find a stud that I really like...and I am just trying to get all the info that I can.
jennylee333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!