View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default testing

I am sick to death of hearing a breed potential has been tested and found clear of everything. There are so many problems that crop up in genetics and there is NO tests available for it...sure a Yorkie can have a perfectly healthy liver, no signs of a shunt..but that does not mean 100% he will never sire a liver shunt puppy..there is no genetic test for LS easily available to the breeder...you take your chances.

He can have perfect knees, but he can sire luxating patellas, Legg Calve Perthes, PRA, the list is endless.
How about a bad bite..both parents can have perfect bites and produce a pup or pups with under or over bites..it is a recessive gene.

When you select an inbred stud for your breeding program, you are NOT "trying" one breeding...a stud can sire dozens of puppies, a one time breeding may produce 3 or 4 pups...I would avoid an inbred stud or bitch at any cost...

So, in order to keep the line strong and not tempting Mother Nature..and that woman is a bitch!! we avoid inbreeding..or the wise breeder does...it will catch up to you at some point, always does...How do you think the Liver shunt problem spread in the first place..INBREEDING!!! Yeah, I'm screaming..sorry.

Last edited by YorkieRose; 08-10-2008 at 10:31 AM.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!