View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Sky Fox
BANNED!

Exclamation Bobble Head = 911!

Hey YT'ers!

Last night was a hell of a ride! Im running on no sleep so bare with me - please. Ill try not to be too verbose but feel this info may save a life.

5PM
Husband and I are doing the Friday shuffle: Getting payroll done, fighting traffic, normal Friday afternoon that we have relived 5000 times. My baby is sleeping on her back with me holding her because she simply WOULD NOT stay in her seat. FIRST SIGN. She loves her seat - never a problem.

We are going down the road and I realize from watching her - she is going to throw up soon so we pull over and she walks. And does - in fact - throw up. Aww poor baby and that was that. I THOUGHT!

Return home around 7 and she throws up two more times! Ok - this is getting serious and Im getting worried. But the horror was yet to come.

I was holding her and talking softly - trying to get her to stop DASHING through the house (thats what she does before night night - dash free reign around the entire house while I watch her run) because otherwise - she is only allowed in our bedroom. No more - No less. With my bedroom and bath (all puppy proofed - no meds allowed either) being 1240 square foot I feel no guilt there. I assure you. lol

Here is the important part - what saved her long enough to get her to the Vet - 70 miles away. We live way down in the Keys of Florida... you arent going to find a vet here after 5 that isnt already drunk and sitting in their own feces at 9 pm hehe. WELCOME TO THE KEYS!

Ok - so I get her settled down and she is resting and my husband walks into the room. THIS IS WHEN I FLIPPED!!!!!!!

She LOVES him very much and she is so interested in all he does! So she raised her head to 'talk' to him and her head was going EXACTLY like BOBBLE HEAD doll! OMG - we both freaked. I shut down - he jumped into action - like always. Amen.

He asked me "Where is that Nutri-cal stuff we got when she was a baby"? He got the tube and put a good bit on his finger and rubbed it onto the top of her mouth. As we are getting dressed to go to the vet (about 3-5 minutes) she regains her motor skills - AMEN! No more wobbling that mimiced Parvo (brought up a lot of old feelings from a puppy I lost when I was a lil girl to Parvo).

We got her to the vet - shes now acting fine but after this - we arent taking chances and keep on traveling North with the speedar on and not paying much attention to the speed limits. But - she was in her seat now - like always as she was now 'fine'.

10:30PM

The vet takes her in and her temp is 98.6 - perfect for us. Not good for her. He did x-rays, blood tests - the whole nine and decided it was a virus and we shouldnt worry. Take her back home and restrain her activity - bring her back if this continues. Thank you - That will be 758.00 - enjoy your 2 hour ride home!

Thats my story but the jest of it is: GET NUTRI-CAL! Regardless of the fact its for puppies! The Nutri-Cal not only stopped the horrid head bobbing but set her sugar right (which is what the actual problem was - her sugar got too low). We fixed it - unknowingly - by using the Nutri-Cal before she got too bad off. And she would have in the 2 hours it took to get her to treatment.

She hasnt thrown up since and other than a bit tired - acting completely normal. So I wanted to let everyone know my story and how Nutri-Cal worked for me - in hopes that others may grab a tube and keep it handy for times such as these.

I hope my story helps someone and all of her suffering wasnt in vain.

DISCLAIMER: This is a quick fix to use IN ROUTE to the vet - NOT A SUBSTITUTION FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT!
Sky Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!