View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
Jilliebeanz96
Loved by Alfie & Evie
Donating Member

Question Help with first vet visit??

Hi everyone,

My Alfie is scheduled to visit the vet for the first time on the 19th as he will be 8 weeks old. ( I had thought they go at 7weeks, but the vet said 8).

When I called the woman said to bring a sample (Alfie's special makings.. Eww! ) and they can check that.. but its optional.. (we will be doing this... better safe than sorry).

And he will get a Distemper shot and Deworming...

Are there any special things that may not be typical that would be best to have done or checked while there? He will be seen again when he is 12 weeks for another boster of his first shots, his first Rabies shot, and something called Kennel Cough, and then again at 16 weeks for the final boosters.

I will be looking each and everyone of these up on line.... but I love asking you all for advise.. Experts and all..

I have been also keeping a log of his eating and relieving habits so the vet can tell me if he is healthy as far as that... Getting him at 4 weeks worried me so much that I want to make sure he is getting everything ++++ that he needs.

Also, we haven't let him outside for fear of him not having his shots already... and he has not been around any other dogs either... after this first dose.. can he start to interact?

Sorry long winded...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!