View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Default Some people don't deserve a dog....

Last night Reggie had a vet appointment...there is a golden retriever there. She is older and HUGE...weighs 143...she had chewed herself to pieces...to the BONE on one leg. I saw it. Apparently first time at this office...asking background questions. Did you bring shot records? Guy - huh no. Girl - do you know when she got at least her last rabies? Guy - uh no...she was seen at Banfield one time. Is she on any flea preventative. Guy...ah...yeah. Girl - what? Guy...hmmm, I don't know but something...so the conversation continues like this. I think he doesn't want them to know...the answers to these questions is really no or none. It's pretty obvious the dog gets no care. He gets taken back in a room...then me and Reggie in another...the back door of the examing room is open and goes into a hallway...so I can hear the vet talking to this guy...what they need to do for her leg...test her for heart worms...etc. Then I hear the guy ask...how much is this all gonna cost? Vet...I'll go get you an estimate. So I hear that amount...120 bucks. Guy is okay with that. She's telling him...the dog is like this because she isn't on flea preventative...he only agrees to buy her ONE month of preventative. He says he gives her flea baths...which I doubt...the vet tells him...they are really ineffective...might kill what's on her...but doesn't deter the new ones. I hear her talk about the dog's weight...asking what kind of food she gets. Guy...I don't know but we just got a big bag. Now they are very considerate here...not to insult someone....so she says...well, when you get home...check the brand and please put her on something like purina...there are alot of foods out there that aren't really good foods for them. Purina would be good and cost about the same as some of the others. I am certain that vet felt frustrated...and knew from looking at that dog...no one really cared about her. She's probably thrown out back and never thought of. I really think the only reason she was taken to the vet yesterday....that hole in her leg.

I really think he'd have put her down...if the bill had been too high, (or opted out of treatments)..perhaps the intent was to put her down and he couldn't. I didn't think 120 was bad...she got a rabies shot, her wound cleaned and dressed, medicine for that, medicine for her infected skin, tried to get a stool sample, and a month of flea preventative.

Anyway...that's the jist....but I sat there thinking....YOU SHOULDN'T OWN A DOG....if you don't want to care for one...you shouldn't own one.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!