View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I have a point to this story so bear with me

When we got Pebbles she was a 5 month old rescue who had never been groomed and started to get aggressive too. I took her to Petsmart for her first grooming and she attacked to groomer, growling and snapping. IMO the groomer was a idiot and could have ruined her forever but I learned my lesson. I picked her up in tears thinking I had made a huge mistake. About a week later, I found a groomer that use to breed yorkies and took her there for a grooming. She did ok and I promised to work with her until her next time.

What I did was to take it slow. I would put her on the washer with a towel and have treats in my hand and just touch her everywhere, her feet, legs, face, ears, etc. and praise her and treat her. Use something good like cheerios or little pieces of cheese. Do it often maybe a few times a day where you put her up and touch her and maybe clip 1 nail. It worked like magic with Pebbles (formally known as DEVILDOG). Now she is the at the groomer and at home. She will lay on the chair and fall asleep while I do whatever I want to her.

We have used the spray bottle when she got really nuts but have not needed it in a very long time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!