View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
Beth3773
Yorkie Yakker

Ip Eating off the floor

My Paco (5 months) is that way, too. He will eat a little out of the bowl but not nearly enough so I sit at the kitchen table and slide the food across the floor, one or two pieces at a time, and he chases it. He's just more interested in playing than eating so now it's a game. After he eats about 20 pieces from the floor he will eat a handful from my hand and then it's back to the chase the food game. I've read on the internet that some dogs don't like to eat unless they "work" for the food. I don't know if that applies to Yorkies or if it's even true but I've certainly found it to be true for my little sweetie. He will also do a variety of tricks for his own food. He would rather roll over for one piece that he saw me take from his bowl than just go over and get 50 pieces for himself. Another thing that sometimes works for Paco is to sort of tease him with the bowl as if it were a toy but since your sweetie already plays with it himself, that may not be helpful. I'm pretty new to this site and Paco is my first Yorkie so hopefully you will get lots of good advice from the experts. I have found that to be true whenever I have asked a question. Everyone here is really friendly and helpful. God bless.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!