View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #11
kimmiek
Senior Yorkie Talker

I only have the local Petsmart as my food resource and they dont stock any of those brands in that thread and I don't have time to order samples. So...I have to go for the next best thing. I need suggestions for food that I have the option to buy and the majority of the foods I'm reading ingredients on have some form of corn in it. I know it's not digested in dogs, just like in humans and there a higher likelyhood of allergy from it. If Chewie can eat Hills that has whole grain corn as the first ingredient with no problems (except extra poop), he should be able to eat anything else with corn in it. RC just had corn gluten which is on a deriviative of corn, not sure what its purpose is though.

We've already tried Blue Buffalo and he would pick out the life source bits with vitamins and put them on the floor. He would puke up Nutro Ultra... No one sells Canidae within a million mile radius. I tried looking for that before the RC. The couple of stores listed in Canidae's website are closed down. I have plenty of time at work to look up ingredients, but right now Petsmart is my only store option. I'll just keep in mind that brands with more protein ingredients listed first are probably better. Any suggestions are super appreciated

Last edited by kimmiek; 08-08-2008 at 06:45 AM.
kimmiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!