Thread: turned down
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #64
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
My experience has been that your regular vet will usually work out a payment plan if you have a good relationship established. It is the emergency vets who always require payment up front.

If vets regularly treated patients who couldn't pay, the cost of that treatment would have to be passed on to the rest of their patients. Why should my vet bills be higher because other people aren't financially responsible when it comes to pet ownership?
Yes, that is very true . I have family that will help me if i ever get into a bind. It is very important to have the support if you can't pay for a emergency. It is dreadfully expensive to treat a injured pet. Pet owners do need to be prepared for it..
I just wanted to make it clear that just because a pet owner can't offered a huge emergency vet bill does not make them a bad owner, Or gives anyone the right to point the finger at them, thinking they should not have a pet.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!