View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:33 AM   #14
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

I did not peepad train my puppy, but outside trained her and I work all day. I just crated her during the day and she did/does not pee or poo in her crate (I am lucky about that).
However, the best advise I read here, about peepad training, is to put the peepad or litterbox in a gated/x-pened area. Only big enough for the peepad/litterbox. (no where for puppy to go but the paper. Then keep the puppy in there until it voids (could take 15 minutes or 1/2 hour). After a while, puppy learns that when it's put in this confined area, it is time to go potty. And to be "let out of prison" he must go potty, so he will soon learn to "go" more quickly. (This only works when you are home) After awhile you can start leaving the door to the potty area open and the puppy will start going there without your help.

While you are at school, as suggested above, lay papers or pee pads all over the area you have the puppy confined in. they will begin to favor one area over another. As the puppy starts designating a "potty" area, you can start removing the paper/peepads little by litte, leaving them only in the "potty" area. After a while, you should be down to one small area.

You could try taping down the peepads, also so the puppy does not chew them.

Last edited by Ladylavender; 09-08-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!