View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempai-mj View Post
HGE or HEMORRHAGIC GASTROENTERITIS**--- is particularly dangerous to the toy and smaller breed dogs, although dogs of all ages and breeds can be affected by it. Fever is not usually present in HGE. Signs of HGE usually begin with a very sudden onset of acute vomiting, anorexia, followed by severe bloody diarrhea, dehydration and depression, They progress rapidly, become severe within hours ( usually 8 to 12). The blood may be bright red (fresh blood) or dark (digested blood).

The symptoms start with vomiting, lethargy, refusing to eat, and progress to mucous covered stools, loose stools, severe diarrhea and bloody diarrhea. Dogs affected by this condition get very sick, very fast. Any kind of bacterial diarrhea can quickly dehydrate a dog, and the tinies are at greater risk, as they have little weight to lose before they are dehydrated and need IV rehydration......
Your whole post was really informative, thank you! I hope your baby is getting better and better - please keep up posted.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!