Thread: Miami anyone?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #9
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Lincoln Road is very nice! I'd definitely go there! There's a lot of nice restaurants with outdoor seating and it's romantic. It's also very dog friendly!! There's this sorbet place that is so good. It's all homemade and their fruit flavors are so good! It's called....The Freize. I think it's on Michigan Rd off to the side.

For an afternoon type place, I LOVE going down to the Bayside Marketplace. It's a nice, but small, outdoor mall. It's near the AAA, where the Miami Heat play, it's in the corner of the bay. It's a marina too, there's personal boats, some yatchs, and some tourist boats docked there. You can catch a boat that goes around Star Island where all the celebrities live. There's a few shops and then there's a break with a bar and some smoothie places. They have a small stage and there's always a local spanish band playing fun, upbeat music. People usually grab a beer from the bar and sit and listen to the band, there's always older spanish couples who get up and dance. Then theres a few little koisks with different things and that leads to some more stores. On the back side of the stores there's different bars and restaurants to eat at which look out to the marina. The chain restaurants are Chilis and the Hardrock. It's just a cute fun place to go. My bf and I go there for the day and walk around and then eat and watch the different boats go out.

Ocean Dr in SoBe is where all the bars are for night. Wet Willy's has great frozen drinks!! Their call-a-cab and the blue one are really good. Be careful tho! Depending on how light of a drinker you are, one drink can put you over.

There's another street south of Lincoln that's cute too. It has more Spanish restaurants. I think it's called Espanola Way or something similar to that. It's off of, mm I'm drawing a blank, either Collins or Washington. I'm sure you could google it if you like Spanish food.

Have fun! Can't wait to see pics!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!