View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

So sorry you're going through all of this, what a nightmare! I'm a little suspicious of sudden IBD since she's 2.5 yrs old, but it can happen. What were you feeding before all of this happened on Sunday? Had she been outside alone where she could've ingested something? Any new treats? Any toys that are chewed up where she could've gotten a piece in her belly? Has the lawn been sprayed? I'm just trying to think of any trigger that may have brought this on.

The blood work should be helpful. I can't think of why her tummy would not be emptying into her small intestine, this is concerning. But, delayed emptying could occur if there is something happening farther down - in the intestines. It's just so hard to say. Maybe her body is getting rid of something that she shouldn't have ingested.

I'm sending good thoughts your way - and I'm hoping for good news tomorrow. I know how scary this stuff can be - but know that we're pullin' for your baby.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!