View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 06:03 AM   #15
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Toto and I fly home about every other month, sometimes every month. It's only a little over 1700 air miles but the layover in Denver is what is so time consuming! We try to get an early flight out of Grand Junction ... 6 or 8 AM and with the Denver layover we usually arrive in Birmingham around 2 PM. I prefer direct flights but there just aren't any! She is very good and has never, ever gone tee tee in her carrier, except her very first flight and it was extremely long [we took a limo to Atlanta and left from there, never again!!]. After that we put a diaper on her and I take her to the bathroom and remove it and try to get her to go on her pad, but she is so stressed that she won't! She absolutely will not tee tee in the diaper either! She once held it from 6 AM until about 11 PM that night due to overbooking and having to make three different connections! I was sooo upset and we still had to stay overnight in Denver!! The vet said it wouldn't "hurt" her to hold it that long as long as it doesn't happen often. Toto is very good and so patient that it's very easy to travel with her ... she loves that she can stick her head out the top of her carrier and meet lots of people!!

Attached is photo of my poor exhausted baby when we did the "overnite" in Denver!! She was such a patient little girl that day!!
Attached Thumbnails
Long flight with your yorkie?-sleeping-denver-web.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!