View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
katie's_mommy
Yorkie Talker

Unlove Katie is in the hospital! Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dehydration

Hi, I can't remember if I've ever posted here at YT but I have been a member since getting my sweet baby 2 1/2 years ago. She is a little pistol and always full of energy, so when she became sick this past Sunday it really had me worried. She threw up a bunch of food Sunday afternoon. Her tummy was very tender and she couldn't lay and get comfortable. She was restless from her discomfort. She drank quite a bit of water throughout the day and then started throwing that up. I took her to the ER Vet and her xray and blood tests came back fine. I was about to bring her home when she got explosive diarrhea. It was brown and gritty. Then it turned to brown water and just dribbled out of her. They had to keep her overnight and giver her an IV because she was so dehydrated. The next morning (monday) she was transferred to her regular vet where she stayed all day and had more IV and a barium xray. That turned up fine. She came home for the night and then went back in on Tuesday morning because she needed more IV. Tuesday they fed her Science Diet ID (bland canned food) and kept her on IV. She did great and was feeling good to be released from the hospital. All was good until 3:30am this morning (Wednesday) when she needed out to go potty and she had diarrhea. When we came back in the house she drank a bunch of water. I fell asleep and sometime in the next couple hours she threw up a bunch of water with some food in it. At 8am she drank more water and had more vomiting. She refused her food at this point so I took her back to the doctor. They did IV and an ultrasound. The vet said she has a lot of water in her belly and her system doesn't seem to be moving it anywhere. So she is overnight again at the hospital on a therapy to help her get her digestive tract going and tummy to process everything through. They also ran blood tests and urine analysis on her including a check for Pancreatitis and they are also concerned about Inflammatory Bowel Disease. They get the results back tomorrow. They said too it could just be a virus too but I'm not sure what is causing her system to not work. Her poor little belly I am so worried about my baby. She is so precious to me and I just feel like this is dragging out forever. If anyone has any thoughts and experience with something like this please me know. Thanks for listening.
katie's_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!