View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmad View Post
So I'm new to this site and to owning a Yorkie as well so I thought I'd ask for some advice...

Chica is about 9 weeks old, still a baby I know, but every time I try to groom her or trim her nails or even touch her face she bites and growls and then freaks out. I have scratches all up and down my arms from her. I've tried the water bottle and it works sometimes, but only sometimes. I'm good friends with the breeder so I took her there to continue her vaccinations and get a haircut. Whenever the breeder would touch Chica she would try and bite her too and the breeder said she was spoiled. I don't have any idea how to make her less spoiled without feeling like I'm being mean...

If anyone has any ideas about training or disciplining, I would love to hear them! I need help!
You need to show her you are the Alpha. She has an Alpha disposition. My Bella was like this as a baby but not this bad, but would growl when she did not want something done. What I did was flip her on her back and hold her down and tell her NO very firmly. I held her there until she completely submitted and stopped growling etc. Then I let her up and continued to do whatever it was she didn't like - her thing was brushing her or putting a sweater on her when we were going out. It took a bit but she stopped her nonsense. If you do not correct this now it will become a major issue as an adult and what you'll have is a holy terror. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!