View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #7
luvmyYorkieJack
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello and welcome. I will share with you what has worked for us. I am not holding my breath or anything but I think Jack has finally got the idea.

When we first got Jack at 15 weeks he couldn't hold it for the life of him. We tried the pads but it just wasn't clicking. We would put him on the pad, he would sniff it, then walk off and away from the pad and go potty. No matter how much we tried, he just didn't do. So we noticed that if we took him outside, he was much more willing to go potty out there. So we got rid of the potty pads. After we got his UTI undercontrol, he has been accident free for almost a week. When he goes #1 and #2 outide, we give him a treat. We have no fat, reduce calorie string cheese we give him. That was his motivator (he just loves cheese, that and attention) so we used that to our advantage. We have decided that if he go 5 weeks without accident, we are going to let him stay out of his crate when we are gone to see how he does. It's just a test run but he will be limited where he can go. And as he proves to us he can go without accidents, he will gain more freedom of the house. Hope this helps and good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!