View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default NJ 17 Month Old Spayed Female For Adoption

Hello. I decided to list here on the rescue forum rather then the for sale forum as the most important issue is to find my girl a good home and not sell her and rules on the for sale say that I need to state a price.

Jersey is a 17 month old pure Yorkshire Terrier that weighs just around 5 lbs. We've had her since 10 weeks but as she's matured she has become dominant/territorial aggressive towards her Yorkie sisters and we feel she'd be better suited in a home without other animals.

Jersey is spayed, up to date on shots on heart worm preventative and has no health issues other then she does suffer from seasonal allergies. The allergies cause a wax build up in her ears and therefore frequent cleaning (usually a couple a times a week) is required. She will also need an allergy shot but not on a regular basis only when the scratching starts which seems to be In August and September.

Jersey is loving, loves to ride in the car, go for walks, and her favorite is playing tug with her rope and also playing with her big blue ball. She plays soccar by hitting it with her nose.

Jersey does not do well with strangers. She is fearful and will bark at them and possibly nip at them. Once they are in the house she does calm down but is still cautious and not outgoing with them. I usually gait her when we have company.

We feel the best home for Jersey would be with a semi-retired or retired couple 50's - early 60's with no children and no other animals. She would do best in a home with a fenced in yard since she loves to play outside (With supervision of course). She loves to ride in the car in her car seat and would love to be someone's constant companion. Jersey is potty trained to go outside. I would say she is about 99 percent potty trained but like most Yorkies has the occassional accident.

She is a very good girl and I think with patience in the right home would be a wonderful loving companion for the right family and it breaks my heart to have to place her but it's in her best interest and my other Yorkies as well. We truly believe that she likes being and only with all the attention.

I will not ship so please do not ask. I am looking for a home in NJ ONLY and within a reasonable distance from Lacey Township / Toms River area.

If you know of anyone that may have lost their old dog and has no other pets or children please let them know about Jersey. Idealy, this is what I'd like to find for her. Someone who will treat her as their child, love her, and be home with her.

Adoption fee is negotiable. Actually would rather have it donated to the rescue I work with. I'm just looking to do what is best for her.

My personal email address is jrsygal37@aol.com. If interested please send a note telling me about yourself and the home you can provide and we can take it from there.

Thanks.
Elaine
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!