View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
ricolini
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default A new Yorkie mom

Hi, I'm a new yorkie mom since 6/29/08. My yorkie's official name is [U]The Great Ricolini[U] but we just call him Rico. I got him for my daughter but the funny thing is I've gotten extremely attached to him so he is almost more my dog than hers now. He is now 14 weeks old and a total blast but still having trouble knowing where to potty as in he sometimes potties next to the pee pad instead of on it and he still hasn't pooped on the pad yet but only next to it. He will do both outside for me first thing in the morning but even if I just took him out less than an hour before he sometimes will still pee on the carpet. Any suggestions? My kids will go back to school in two weeks and I was hoping he'd be trained by then so he could hang out in the kitchen all day but I don't want to let him do that if he's not at least going on the pad instead of on the floor. I really don't want to keep him in his crate all day but will if that's the only way to train him to only go where he's supposed to.
Any help is appreciated.
ricolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!