View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #14
luvmyYorkieJack
Senior Yorkie Talker

I would highly recommend getting him neutered. Jack is almost 2 weeks and just about healded from his surgery. If you are really worried about pain, look into laser surgery if available. If not from your vet, you may want to find a local vet that does perform it. The laser seals off nerve endings and blood vessles meaning less pain and blood. They suture the insides and glue the outside. As long as he doesn't excessively lick, you and him will be just fine. Jack had laser surgery and he was up trying to run around later that evening when I brought him home. It was just a tad bit more expensive than the traditional method but in my opinion, 100% worth the money, but it cost less than I had originally thought it would. It is only for a little while they may be in some discomfort but think of the long run and what could be avoided in pain and bills. Besides, most vets will send home some sort of pain medication to help ease the pain for the first few days and I never saw any side effects. Good luck with you decision.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!