View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
Lynn WDW
YT Addict

Default Hookworm questions

Baxter has hookworms again. This is the third time and he is only 7 months old. The vet keeps saying it is from fleas but Baxter does not have fleas. He has had one flea on him the whole time we have had him. Now ticks is another matter. Does anyone know if they can come from ticks? We live in the country and have another outside dog. I treat him when I treat Bax for the hookworms so that there won't be any sharing of the worms. I just don't know what to do. He does occasionally have a tick on him and last week he got in some seed ticks and that was a nightmare. Fortunately those are all gone. I just feel so sorry for the little fellow to keep having this problem. It i amazing how much it takes out of him. He is usually wild and he is very calm when he has them. I prefer the calm but NOT at the cost of him having worms! Any suggestions will be welcome. I do put the Frontline on him to keep fleas off but trust me when I say he has none. He sleeps with me and we make extra sure no fleas. That's how I found the seed ticks, checking for fleas.
Lynn WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!