View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #15
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I would question about the Contract (If any)...I would not want a puppy that wasn't AKC Reg....With or without Breeding rights...And if they don't know much about their parents, then I would pass on the puppy...They SHOULD NOT be asking that high of a price...Without knowing the parents background and that price is too high (OPO) with no Champions in the lines anywhere...

I don't want people on YT to get the wrong message here about giving AKC Papers right off to people as soon as they pick up a puppy...I for one have ALL my puppies litter Registered with AKC and I allow ALL my puppies so far to be adopted on a STRICT SPAY/NEUTER contract...

With that being said...It means this...The AKC papers will be given/mailed to them once I received a VALID letter from their Vet stating the puppy has been SPAYED or NEUTED...I also call this Vet and make sure it is a VALID Vet and it has been done...Then & ONLY then do I give/mail the AKC Papers to them with the box marked LIMITED REG...NO BREEDING RIGHTS what so ever...

I don't want people to think it is bad if a Breeder keeps the AKC papers until proof of Spay/Neuter is provided to Breeders...This is my way of trying to save my males and females from going to a BYB or Puppy Mill...I hope this helps you....You'll find a good puppy soon from a good breeder.....

You should be able to ask ANY question and get a real answer from ANY good Breeder....You should be able to view all puppies and parents on site...And yes ask if the parents has been tested...

Ask about Health and Contracts...Stay at the Breeders house for a while and view the puppies and parents together, check out their surroundings...

Ask lots of questions, you have to right to that...If ANY breeder refuses anything I've stated above or below, NO matter how cute or sweet or little the puppy...Leave and look else where...

Oh and if you hear other Yorkies say in another room, ask to view them...Ask to see the room they are kept in...Some bring puppie out to view in a nice room, then take them back to a DIRTY room...The house should smell and look clean...Oh yes there can/will be poo in playpens and pee but not stuck to the floors or any coats of puppies...Pick the puppy up, smell it...See if it gets a bath...Does it look healthy??? I allow adopted parents in my house, in my Yorkie Room also.

Also a good Breeder will send info home with you, you should be able to CONTACT that Breeder 24/7 365 days a year with ANY questions....I do any of mine...Day or night, weekends or holidays...The only and I mean ONLY time I can't answer any questions is if I'm at the hospital...Other wise I'll call them back...Keep in touch with the Breeder....At ALL times...Don't let years pass before contacting them again...At least contact them once a year to let them know how the puppy is doing.

There's so much to look at and ask about...I'm sure I've left things out and I'll let others add to my post to fill in the blanks I've left out...Good luck in your search...High prices doen't always mean a good or healthy Yorkie. Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!