View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I'm not familiar with the group PetPac, but obviously they are against pet sterilization. They make such claims as:
Quote:
But wait! Aren't the shelters overcrowded already? What will happen to my dog if I surrender it? If all the dogs are castrated, who will breed the service dogs, and police dogs, and drug dogs and the quality bred purebreds? Why, that's simple! There won't be any! Dog Laws At Large: We're Mad As Hell And We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore
These laws will not affect the good breeder, but it will cut into the bottom line of the back-yard, and the puppy mill breeder. Remember, the pet store and puppy mill lobby is a very powerful, and going to do everything in their power so these laws won't pass. Not a week goes by, that there isn't someone posting an "oops" pregnancy, and these seem to be posted by caring pet owners who just didn't take all the necessary precautions. The Humane Society has low cost spay and neuter clinics for those who find the cost of neutering a financial strain, and an unplanned pregnancy can be a much bigger financial burden.

Join today and remove this ad!