View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #3
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataholic View Post
I think people who could not afford to get their dogs spayed/neutered would turn them in to shelters or give them away only if they were afraid they would get caught. Then you have some people who do not believe in spaying/neutering their pets. I think all animals should be fixed unless you are a reputable breeder. Too many animals die each day in shelters because of the overpopulation. I think there should always be exceptions to the law though. It should not be set in stone. But working at a shelter myself I completely stand behind mandatory spay/neuter.

IMO, if people can't afford to spay or neuter their dog they cannot afford to care for a dog properly, especially if she was to become pregnant. With all the low cost spay neuter programs available, not having the money simply isn't a good excuse.

At least if they are turned into a shelter they will be spayed or neutered before being adopted out. God forbid they are euthanized, at least they won't be contributing to the overpopulation and producing more dogs that will be euthanized.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!