View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 04:32 AM   #5
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose barking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontiss1 View Post
Hello to everyone. I just had a bad day at the doggie park today. This lady who is amongst others, has been complaining to me over the months to keep Boobah from barking. She said it drives her up a wall. Well, today I went over the wall and told her "Listen, this is a doggie park, not a people's social circle, if you want to talk and not pay attention to your dogs go to a social center where you can talk all day." And then I left.

I have tried to get boobah to stop barking but short of hitting her I dont know what to do. Ive tried collars, sprays, putting "good dog" in her water, etc. I guess I just got a troubled dog. She has been with me for a year.

Should I go to a trainer? Obedience class? I only want her to stop her incessant barking. She gets in the front of dogs' faces and just starts barking and doesnt stop.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

gelise
Well, I know she's a dog and dogs bark, but I wouldn't like it if someone's dog constantly got in my dog's face and barked. I wouldn't allow one of my dogs to do that to anyone. Yes, a trainer would be a good idea. You might put a muzzle on her so she can't get her mouth open wide. My mother had a dog that barked constantly and putting a muzzle on her stopped it. She learned not to bark and didn't have to wear it long. People talk, but you wouldn't like it if someone got in your face and shouted.
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!