View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
kimmiek
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile

Wishing the best to your Chewie! I also have a Chewie...how funny is that He isn't neutered yet but we plan to since we don't plan on breeding him. He also has some teeth that need to be pulled. Here are some neutering benefits I found.

• Reduces the distracting and destructive behavior associated with the male's efforts to get out and find a mate

• Reduces the urge to roam. This makes it less likely that you will lose your pet, which in turn makes your pet less likely to contract a disease, get in a fight, get injured, or become a victim to cruelty, poison, or traffic.

• Eliminates sexual discomfort, distress, or distraction ... making your pet happier and more content.

• Eliminates testicular tumors and reduces prostate gland problems.

• In cats, neutering stops or reduces marking behavior (territorial spraying of urine).

• Reduces the urge to fight.

Hopefully, this makes your decision easier. I know the thought of hurting your pup is a hard thing to think about, but in the end...in my opinion, it's probably the best thing to do. Especially if you don't plan on breeding him. Good luck with your Chewie!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!