View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetums View Post
I don't think there's a way to train these little pistols not to be little pistols. Our little girl has way too much energy, so much I've thought of putting her on a treadmill like Ceasar Milan recommends. When ours is kept in for several days, she gets stir crazy. We have to take her out in our yard and let her chase her frisbee on top of walking her. If you have a dog park close by, you might try giving her something to chase. That seems to wear them out more than walking even does. There is a chase stick out there that comes with a string and a piece of fur on the end. You can put Franklin on a long leash and lead him around in circles following the fur on the end of the stick, if he's is up for it.
Thanks for the suggestions!

As far as taking him to the dog park, we've gone every other day for the past 6 months. He doesn't do anything but sniff around and pee! We play fetch a lot at home but as soon as we get to the dog park, he won't chase a ball for anything.

I might try looking for the chase stick although he gets bored and loses focus pretty easily.

I take him on lots of walks and he gets plenty of attention and exercise. People have suggested to me that this is just his "adolescent" stage. Hopefully it doesn't last long!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!