View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
Passionfruition
Proud of my Sully!
Donating Member

Thumbs up Good news!

Oliver is HOME SAFELY!

Here's Rita's story:

This morning I called all the vet offices in town to let them know I'd be bringing by a flyer but if someone brought by a dog that fit the description, to please notify me or Kyle. One lady said, "We don't have any full-blooded beagles right now, but occasionally people will see animals walking around and bring them in. We'll call you if that's the case."

Well, at lunch I did call the police and filed a report. After they left my house, we went to the vet offices to post the flyer.

About five minutes after I got back to work from lunch, the vet's office called. They didn't think the dog they had was a purebred beagle, but it sure did look like the dog in the picture. Maybe I could come by and look.

Of course, we had to name a few identifying marks ... He hasn't been neutered (bad, I know); he needed his nails clipped; he has a white stripe down his nose - slightly off center; he was wearing a blue collar. Well the lady left the room smiling, which encouraged us. Then came the longest wait ever!! We were so tense - trying not to get too excited, but definitely hopeful.

Then I heard him in the back - scratching at his collar - and I looked at Kyle - it HAD to be him!! He always does that and the tags on his collar make this very distinct noise. Then the girl opened the door and there was our little Ollie!!!

He came straight over to us and stood on our knees like, "Where have you been?"

We were sooo happy to see him!!

We took him home and the first thing he did was....hop in his crate. If there's anyone who wants to argue that crate-training is animal cruelty, they are wrong. That boy loves his little house!

Anyway! I couldn't be happier!!!

And you bet the Oliver rules of the backyard are gonna be a good deal more strict these days!

Oliver is on house arrest!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z9334629.jpg (19.4 KB, 24 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!