View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 06:19 AM   #14
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk79
yeah my dog is starting to ring the bell way too many times and you get so tired..he rings it just to go outside and play as well..so I guess eventually he will catch on when he only gets treat when he does his business
Something that may help this if you want to try it is...When he rings the bell take him out on a leash and only let him stay out there for 5-10 minutes or however long you think is a good length of time to go. Then come back in whether he's gone or not. Don't let him play out there when you take him out on the leash. This way he will know that when he rings the bell it is only for potty time. It may also be a good idea to give him regular play times outside throughout the day. Actually let him outside to play and it may help if its at the same time each day(I don't know for sure though).

This is how I taught Reagan to go potty on command but now I don't take her out on a leash and she wants out all the time and just goes out to play. So I've started the leash thing again to show her that when she asks to go out its only for potty time but she doesn't like the leash much so yours may not either if he's not used to it. I'm still working with her and she's getting used to it again though so there is hope.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!