View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
fufufashions
LEADER OF MyPACK
Donating Member

Default Here's my 2¢

Hi! Hopefully, i can help out a little here. The transition should take from a week to 10 days. I always tell my customers to offer only 2-3 kibbles the first DAY...kind of like a treat. The next day i would add just a couple more and so on until the complete switch is made. This is true no matter what new food you introduce. Some will adjust better than others so it is an individual transition that only you will be able to determine how quickly your baby can adjust.
I just switched one of my girls over to the the LA and she did just fine without a long transition.
The internet is wonderful and you can probably find good and bad on just about every subject in the world...it is mainly someone's opinion. You can't always believe everything you read on the internet.

I trust the vet, Dr. Jane Bicks with her holistic formulation of her products. I have weekly conference calls with her and she is such a wonderful pet advocate. We love all the LA products but i know there are many that prefer other methods and foods. Everyone has opinion and that's what makes this a great place. We all try to offer our knowledge and expertise to help out everyone with questions and concerns so that they can make up their own minds about what is best for their babies. I would never put down what someone else decides is best for their baby and i don't think other's should do that either.

To the OP, Lilly's system may be reacting to the LA or she could be having a problem with her anal glads. If she hasn't had those emptied in awhile, that can definitely cause them to scoot to try to mash them and thus emptying them. Her poo will change colors with the LA food. It will also get smaller and less often but her system must also get rid of the gunk that has probably built up on the walls of her intestines. The LA has more fiber thus will clean her out quicker and more thoroughly. The poo will eventually become little balls...bloop, bloop, bloop. This is a good thing as it means that she will be absorbing more and more of the nutrients. She will eat less too since she will be getting more and more of what her system needs. Since they eat less food, the food will go a lot farther too. My girls get 1/4 cup per day. That is 1/8th cup in the morning and 1/8th cup in the late afternoon. They are all super healthy.
I hope that you will give it another try but only a few kibbles per day. That sample pack should last for a week or more for a complete transition.
IMO, i think Lilly just got too much too soon so i would recommend backing off and starting over again.
Hope that helps.
fufufashions is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!