View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
T Doll
Mocha's Mommy
Donating Member

I just had a similar situation the other day, except my Mocha was the one doing the chasing and my friend's puppy Lily was the one scared of Mocha. Mocha has been around other dogs before and has done fine, but for some reason it was hard to introduce him and Lily to eachother. He would bark and scream and lunge at her. I guess it might be because it was the first time he's met a female dog and also a dog his own size. Anyway, we were really scared to put them down on the floor together, but luckily most of the rooms in my house are seperated by glass doors. We put them on each side of the door and they could still see eachother without having any contact and acting on their excitement. We opened the doors just a little bit so that they could sniff eachother and then we gradually opened the doors bigger until we didn't need the doors anymore. It really helped them to get used to eachother without the inital full-on contact. I know that not everybody has glass doors, but perhaps you could find some other type of barrier that would allow them just a little bit of contact to get used to each other? You could probably even use an X-Pen and put one inside and the other on the outside.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!