View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Car Seat Question

Okay guys. I'm attempting to build my own car seat this weekend, but there are a few questions I have! First one... attachment to seat. For those that have them, do they attach to the seatbelt? Or strap around the seat? I was thinking about strapping it around but then thought when I have another passenger, it will be in the back so I guess it would have to attach to the seatbelt. I'm going to have to figure that one out!
Second question... harness. How is the harness attached? I thought I could get a seabelt harness from Walmart and just have her higher in the seat, but that won't happen if I'm attaching the carseat to the seatbelt. Plus it looks like the length from the seatbelt to the harness is pretty short, so would she even have room to get high enough to be in the carseat? So I think I somehow need to attach it to the carseat.... Should I also get a special padded harness?
If I could get answers by this afternoon that would be great I'm going to my parents' house for the weekend and my dad is helping build. They are in the middle of nowhere and have no internet! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!