View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
spydergurl
YT 500 Club Member

Default My 3 mo old Lulu was coughing, gagging, dry-heaving....

She started doing this last nite....I was soooo worried....my first thought was that she swallowed something inedible. I tried looking down her throat, but couldn't see anything. She became lethargic....in the morning, I called the Vet and the tech said it sounded like kennel cough. So I brought her in, they checked her out and came to the conclusion that it was the beginning of kennel cough. They gave me some antibiotics for her. I brought her home and was cleaning out my car when my husband yelled from the house...."come quick...look what Lulu just threw up"......it was a long string of threads, with some of her chew sticks wound up in it. He said she started gagging, and when he looked, he saw the thread hanging from her mouth and started to pull it and that's what he got! I called the Vet and they said we were lucky that she threw it up, that they do a lot of surgeries on puppies that eat things and cause problems in their little systems. I was so happy that's what it was and that she was finally able to expel it herself. I went around and picked up all those chew sticks that I had bought for her, vacuumed the house really well and checked for other things that she might eat. Geesh! I'm writing this to tell you to watch your puppies closely. This could've ended tragically. Thank you God, for watching out for our precious LuLu!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!