View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonmon View Post
I have been wanting to get rid of my nasty carpet for so long and now that Im a day away from putting the money down on my hardwood floors, I am freaking out. In a way I dont have a choice...I cant live with this carpet anymore and even though I could recarpet it would end up looking the same in a year or so. I considered laminate also but the price difference was little enough that I decided on the better investment.
Tell me that you love your hardwood. If your dog still has accidents has it hurt the hardwood? What is the best way to clean it? I have 3 dogs so someone always seems to have a problem. Im hoping though with the carpet up they wont be tempted to go again in the same places.
I've had both. I have had the laminate, and I loved it. But when my refrigerator's water line broke while we were out of town, it was ruined. We put in real wood to replace it, and I love that even more. I have pictures of both...

The first picture is the old floor with the laminate (Wilsonart Northern Birch)...
If you switched to hardwood or laminate tell me you love it-entry.jpg

The Second picture is the new floor with solid maple (Lauzon Natural maple, micro v)
If you switched to hardwood or laminate tell me you love it-new-entry.jpg

What I really like about the new wood was that we got new baseboards and did away with the quarter-round--notice on the old floor the wood strip next to the baseboards. I think the new look is much cleaner.

Chloe has peed on both floors--more times on the laminate than the wood because she was trained by the time we got the wood. If you still have lots of accidents, I would not get micro v (bevel) on real wood, (if you get real wood) because it creates a little dip that the pee could sink into. Both will hold up fine if any pee is cleaned up right away. On laminate, your biggest worry is any liquid setting on the seams.

Let me add, that I never had a problem with streaks on my laminate. I used the same thing I use now on the hardwood floor--that is a star mop with the hardwood and laminate spray from home depot...both have been the easiest floors to clean!

Last edited by mistyinca; 07-31-2008 at 07:07 PM.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!