View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
emilyann
Lovin' My LilBug!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I'm no expert, but it sounds like the new food is disagreeing with her and giving her slight diarrhea, which is irritating her butt. I would switch back to my normal food, and try bathing her in a warm bath to sooth her butt. Maybe you should add the new food slower, if at all. Why did you want to switch? Sometimes they rub their butts on the ground when their anal glands are too full, but sometimes they do this just because their hinny's hurt. Don't try to empty the glands yourself, you need to have a vet show you how to do this, and don't let a groomer do it either, you can cause more problems if not done correctly, but this sounds like a food problem not an anal glands problem.
"I've been feeding Lilly Natural Balance and she's either lost interest or is just plain depressed because my boyfriend's gone all the time with his job."

She isn't eating the other food by itself AT ALL really... maybe like 3 or 4 pieces a day. I'm going to stop feeding it and see if her poop gets better as I can't STAND to see her booty bothering her like it did a few minutes ago. I'll NEVER try to empty the anal glands myself, I research a lot before I do ANYTHING with her or to her health wise. I've had the vet show me how to do it and I still WON'T do it, I leave that up to the big dogs. So, groomers aren't supposed to empty them? I thought they were, learn something new everyday!

Thanks for your reply, it's greatly appreciated!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!