View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
cory
BANNED!

Hi..I also bath Mica and Kali in the kitchen sink and put a rubber mat at the botton of the sink so they will feel more secure during bathtime. Both of them seemed afraid at first of their bath but with persistence now they are enjoying their baths imensly. I think you have to be very firm with brushing for instance Mica used to make a fuss when I rolled her on her back to brush her tummy but one day I just picked her up and looked her straight in the eyes and said no and stay...ever since she is good as gold. I usually brush them once or twice a day to prevent mats and this also gets them used being brushed. I think persistence is the key to them getting used to brushing. Mica is one now and Kali is almost 9 months. As for the type of brush, I use a pin brush made by Mason Pearson (made in England) which is awesome for removing tangles. Our breeder recommended it but the problem is they are quite costly but worth it if you are able to groom your yorkie by yourself and save grooming bills. I think it was worth every penny though. I also use a wide toothed metal comb to go through them after brushing to take out any remaining tangles. I heard that you should always brush the coat wet and not dry as it could damage the coat and it also makes it much easier to remove the tangles. I'm not sure if you are using a detangler but I do and in addition to this, I always giving them a good brushing before baths so they won't mat and this seems to help keep tangles at a minimum. Hope I was of some help to you.
cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!