View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
MrsPeanut
Stop PuppyMills
Donating Member

Here is the best advice I can give......Stick with it...sometimes it takes some of them longer for grooming... my dogs all did the same thing but as long as you continue to make it a positive experience they will eventually get used to it. To start with the hair ties use something light, *rubber bands* and work your way up to the bows...if they shake it out put it back. When you put it back in and they shake there head say no and try to distract them for a little bit *playing, treats* so they will forget about it..its like potty training you have to keep watching and catch them doing it. Eventually they will know you are the boss and that is what you want them to do. They way I did it was....my dogs LOVE going for rides and I would tie up there hair before we go evertime and in order to go they had to keep there hair tie in. Now they keep it in there hair and b/c they know they are going somewhere they forget about it. Just remember if they can keep it in for few to hour to couple hours and so on eventually you can just put it in there hair and they will let you do it. Hope that helps....Dont get discouraged..sometimes it like teaching a baby. Repetative actions work. Frankie
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!