View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Lovestruck304
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Yorkie Grooming Frustrations!!! HELPPPPPP

I have had my puppy for about 2 months and have not been able to take her to the Groomers yet. I am not sure how often I should take her, or when the first time I should have taken her would be. I have been a little low on cash but will finally be taking her to the groomer next week. Anyway, I am frustrated with trying to bathe her, brush her, blow dry her, OR get her to let me put her hair up! She absolutely hates bath and splashes around like a trapped fish every time, she does NOT like to be brushed or combed and I attempted blow drying her today which was a disaster. She flopped away from me and ran out of the room never to return again. My fiance and I prefer her hair to grow longer as she gets older so we do not want to cut her, just keep her groomed well. She is almost 5 months now and her hair is growing, especially around her little eyes. I try countless times each day to calm her down and let me put a rubber band or a bow or any kind of clip at all at this point on top of her head but she just shakes her head and bites or barks or runs. On the rare occasion that i DO get one in, 2 seconds later she rubs her paws over her head and pulls them out. She can barely see and I find myself pulling it out of her eyes at least 38745345 times a day only to fall out. Why did I have to get such a fickle dog? My cousins have had 2 yorkies and they were calm and quiet and were even cooperative enough to let them BRAID her hair. I have tried everything I can think of to get her to let me brush her etc. Distractions, treats, this, that and the other ... BLAH none of it works! Any advice on how I can get her to stop being to rebellious come brushing time? I almost want to give up but of course I do not because it breaks my heart to think of seeing her look like a fur ball. I just want to have her hair all fixed up and her tangles out but it seems like that will never happen because she ruins whatever I manage to get done. As if the failing potty training process wasn't enough stress. Also when I take her outside to potty she rolls around the ground in dirt and crap and who knows what else which puts me right back at trying to clean her off and brush her out.

Also, what brand of Brushes and Combs do you all use and where do you get them? What I have now clearly is not working and her fur is getting tangly and matted no matter how many times a day or how long I attempt to brush her. I love my yorkie I wish she would just let me do what I need to do!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!